- NY Times: Lessons From the Idea, and Rejection, of Kurdistan
- Fair Observer: The Janus Face of Turkey
- History News Network: Will Turkey Seize Northern Iraq?
- History News Network: As If It Weren’t Hard Enough Keeping the Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds Together
- Humanities & Social Sciences Online: Hassanpour on Ozoglu, ‘Kurdish Notables and the Ottoman State: Evolving Identities, Competing Loyalties, and Shifting Boundaries’
- Jadaliyya: From Caliphate to Secular State
- JSTOR: British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, Vol. 23, No. 1 (May, 1996), pp. 5-27. : State-Tribe Relations: Kurdish Tribalism in the 16th- and 17th-Century Ottoman Empire
- Kurdish Globe: Kurds to benefit most from the power vacuum that could be created by the partial departure of the U.S.
- Orlando Sentiel: Turkish street demonstrations show a new day has arrrived
- SETimes, Ses Türkiye: Newroz celebrations overshadowed by political conflict
- The Light Millenium: Orhan Pamuk is A Hit in Chicago